Answer: Our decision to host a virtual symposium was made after long deliberation of the FAPA Board of Directors for a variety of reasons. As COVID continued to affect safety measures in the state of Florida, along with financial impacts felt in the PA profession, the FAPA Board of Directors decided that it was in the best interest of all stakeholders to move to a virtual symposium.
2. Will FAPA offer an in-person symposium in the Summer of 2021?
Answer: Our current hope is to return back to an in-person (LIVE) symposium model at the JW Marriott Marco Island Resort in 2021. We will, however, continue to monitor the effects of COVID-19 along with reviewing CDC, state, and federal guidelines closer to the time of the 2021 Summer Symposium.
3. What happens after I register for the virtual symposium?
Answer: You will be added to a list with all attendees. You will get email updates before the conference with instructions on how to log in to the virtual platform.
4. Question: How will the virtual symposium work? How do I “attend”?
Answer: The Conference will take place “Live” on October 2-4, 2020. If you choose to log in during this time period, you will get to interact with other attendees, speakers, and exhibitors. If you are unable to “attend” the live lectures, you will still have access to watch any of them on your own schedule, through February 2021.
5. Question: Will I have access to the 2020 Summer Symposium online after the completion of the Symposium?
Answer: If you registered for the virtual symposium, you will automatically receive access to all the sessions, both within the October 2-4 virtual symposium itself and then later through FAPA’s on-demand online CME platform.
6. Question: Will you still be offering workshops? Which ones?
Answer: We will be offering Neurotoxin for Neurology and Medications for Addictions (MAT) Training workshops as part of your regular conference registration. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer the Point of Care Ultrasound Workshop (as previously scheduled) virtually and have therefore moved it to a future conference.
7. Question: Will you be offering a binder/printed version of the sessions?
Answer: Yes, for those who are interested and choose this option during registration, all slides will be printed, bound, and mailed to your house. This is a great option for those who like to take notes by hand. All slides will be available online for all registrants.
8. Question: How do I claim credit for CME acquired through a virtual symposium?
Answer: Following each lecture, there will be a post-test questionnaire that will need to be filled out. Once this is done, you have completed all requirements and will be able to get your CME certificate.
9. Question: Will you be issuing a certificate?
Answer: Yes! For every lecture that you attend and fill put the post-test questionnaire, you will have met all requirements. At the end, you will receive a CME certificate for the aggregate amount of lectures attended.
10. Question: Will there be exhibitors in the virtual format? How will that work?
Answer: We are providing our exhibitors with interactive options for sharing information and engaging with attendees through the virtual platform. This information will be shared with registrants as we near the dates of the virtual symposium.
11. Question: I was really looking forward to going to Marco Island. Can I still get a room at the JW Marriott Marco Island at a discounted rate?
Answer: Yes, you can! The JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort welcomes our symposium attendees and will be honoring the FAPA symposium room rates valid September 28th - October 4th.